Nursing Resource Center
Nursing Resource Center Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
For questions or concerns please call 334-244-3552.
NRC and Clinical Guidelines
Located on the second floor of the School of Nursing building is the recently renovated Nursing Resource Center (NRC). The NRC is comprised of three different areas; the Nursing Skills/Assessment Laboratory, the Computer Lab, and the Simulation Lab.
The Nursing Practice Laboratory is equipped with materials necessary for teaching a variety of technical skills as well as basic assessment skills. The Computer Lab is equipped with 32 computers and monitors as well as hardware and software to assist students and faculty with learning needs and research activities. The NRC contains an extensive collection of audiovisual learning aids, reference books, teaching aids and equipment. Some of the audiovisual equipment may be checked out from the NRC Coordinator if it is needed for classroom or teaching purposes.
The purpose of the NRC is to provide a caring, learning environment where nursing students can enhance and challenge their ability to provide holistic client care through the development of assessment, communication, critical thinking, organizational, and psychomotor skills.
The NRC will meet this purpose by providing:
- hours of operation convenient to students for independent practice.
- clinical associates available for consultation.
- scenarios progressing in difficulty to match student's skill level.
- accurate records of student's activities.
- audio, audiovisual, and computer resources for student and faculty use.
- a creative learning environment.
- optional learning activities at student's request.
- an alternative clinical experience.